Wednesday 13 January 2016

Owls are out of the box: Owlcrate Get inspired box - December 2015




I've been looking at bookboxes for months now and with Christmas I finally got my heart set on Owlcrate.

The principle is simple, every month you get a box. 
In each box you have a book ( young adult) as well as some goodies (between 3 and 5)
Each box has a theme. 




Now let's go right in the heart of the subject.
The theme of December was "Get Inspired", and I have to say, it was definitely inspiring!




Let's start with the goodies:

First I got a reading journal by Potter Style, and I was more than pleased as I was planning to buy one, and the exact same one!
The journal himself is quite nice, red and small enough to follow you everywhere, but maybe a bit too small for us bloggers, don't expect to write a complete review in it.



I also received a To Do list notepad from BoyGirlParty and a magnet from Sandra Vargas.
The To Do List will definitely be useful, it's not like if I always have a billion things to do and I always forget about them, plus the notepad is just totally cute!
As to the magnet, if I'm not wrong it's an illustration of The Little Prince by Saint Exupery.
I went to her Etsy Shop and I'm quite a fan of her work, you should take a look too :)


Last goodie and maybe my favorite in this box, the Reading at the Cafe candle from Frostbeard Studio.
I've been drooling over those candles for months so you can't imagine how happy I was when I found this!
Reading at the Cafe is a mix of coffee flavor and chocolate, it's like being sitting in a sofa with a book, a coffee and a pain au chocolat next to you... the perfect picture!



And the best for the end... the book !!!!




The young and beautiful daughter of a wealthy family, Ginevra longs to share her poetry and participate in the artistic ferment of Renaissance Florence but is trapped in an arranged marriage in a society dictated by men. The arrival of the charismatic Venetian ambassador, Bernardo Bembo, introduces Ginevra to a dazzling circle of patrons, artists, and philosophers. Bembo chooses Ginevra as his Platonic muse and commissions a portrait of her by a young Leonardo da Vinci. Posing for the brilliant painter inspires an intimate connection between them, one Ginevra only begins to understand. In a rich and vivid world of exquisite art with a dangerous underbelly of deadly political feuds, Ginevra faces many challenges to discover her voice and artistic companionship—and to find love.


This book looks really interesting, plus I need to open my readings on other styles so it's the perfect opportunity. And little bonus, it comes with little magnets!

In sum, despite the bit expensive part ( £34, it's not so much though) it's a really good deal.
It's definitely the best way to make discoveries and let's not forget the goodies !!!






No comments:

Post a Comment